There are always first in our life like our first kiss, first crush, and lots of first to come and done, but today I will share my first experience on Nokia E72.
It started way back last week when I had my trial package opened. The excitement was overwhelming and my hands started to sweat as the intensity level rises. As I unpacked the box and had my first touch on E72 and these was followed by my first impressions (and some of them I even said aloud).
Physical designs & features
- Oh my! This is stunning, so slim and so light!
- The layout of the QWERTY and front controls are elegant!
- I was really happy while I feel and touch the QWERTY keys. They felt smooth, curvy so that it’s easy to use, feedbacks were great, and most especially I enjoyed on the flashlight/space shortcut key (just a longpress).
- Brilliant phone! I will look like a businessman when I hold this. Landscape screen are unique! But how about some bigger screen size in the future?
- Optical trackpad is one of the coolest and I enjoyed using it. Even it’s a smooth trackpad experience, I still needed a fast scroll through one swipe on the trackpad because sometimes pressing the naviwheel key is an awkward experience ( I just hate putting pressure on the keys).
- The earpiece is different and it adds a shine on E72.
- Metal back cover rocks! While the stereo speaker and 5MP adds up to become an artistic mechanical design.
OS & Hardware
- A very decent GUI on homescreen and menu for Symbian S60v3.2 but the rest needs to have a cuztomizations through themes.
- Modes – this new feature on the phone is amazing because you can change the theme (which you can setup before) with just one action.
- Speed! Installing apps and opening programs are not a problem.
- Messaging/Emailing are its favorite tasks. One press of the messaging key then its ready to access your mailbox.
- My favorite first impressions is…MULTITASKING! I tried running heavy apps and programs at the same time but the phone never breakdown with dozen of apps and prorams.(check out the vid below)
- 5Mpix is a very catchy word for having a 5MP Camera at the back.
What did I miss on E72 from other devices…
- The dedicated camera key – I really want it because I’m a camera phone addict, but for sure time after time of use I will get used to the naviwheel.
- Bigger screen, and no more talking.
- Active naviwheel for scrolling and browsing the gallery and music
Bunch of impressions, but some of them will be enhance and change after more time of use and remember this is not my final review on the phone. All I can say on the first impression is that the E72 really lives up the expectations. From being compact and slim to overflowing features. A smart phone that business-oriented people needs to try and take some first on it.
Well-done Nokia E72 for the first impressions and I was impressed on you!