How to get back the OVI Store on N8 after hard reset–a guide–Video
We have written a detailed hard/soft reset guide to the N8 users recently ,where we have noted about loosing the OVI Store on hard reset in your device. Since a hard reset removes the QT platform from your N8 applications developed using QT like OVI Store will not run back .How to solve this issue. I Hope this useful N8 guide originally written by Leo Tech Malaysia will help you out there.
How to get the OVI Store Back in N8
The procedure of getting back the OVI Store is little bit technical and time consuming .
Keep in mind,you have to keep the following stuff ready before you start !
1. Nokia Qt Package from wiki.forum.nokia (consist Nokia Qt 4.6 and Nokia Qt 4.7) – do a free download
2. Nokia Qt SDK – free to download
3. USB Cable- to connect with the PC
Steps to get back the OVI Store in N8
- Download Nokia Qt Package from wiki.forum.nokia and extract the package. There will be Qt 4.7 for Symbian^3 and Qt 4.6 for Symbian^3
- Copy both of the files (Qt 4.7 for Symbian^3 and Qt 4.6 for Symbian^3)to your Mass storage Nokia N8 and paste it
- After that, download the Nokia Qt SDK from the link given and installed it to your PC. The installation will take time, so be patient.
- After installation is done, connect your Nokia N8 to your PC. (Make sure the phone is set to Nokia Ovi Suite first)
- Wait till your PC fully detect the phone
- Then go Start > Nokia Qt SDK > Symbian and choose Install QtMobility to Nokia N8 device *This is the most important part
- It will prompt Ovi Suite and will start installing the appropriate application to your phone. Wait till the installation is finished.
- Then go to Tools > Software Update and sellect all the update you think its appropriate.
- After done updating the phone. Unplug the cable from your phone
- Go to File Manager and Install qt.sis and qtwebkit.sis from Qt 4.6 for Symbian^3 folder
- Then install qt_4_7_0_opengl.SIS from Qt 4.7 for Symbian^3
- Open Ovi Sote application, wait till the download links appeared.
- Click download and start installing Ovi Store
- Finally, restart the phone then test whether the Ovi Store is restored back or no