It’s a quick heads up ,the goldie Nokia E72 have received new firmware last couple of days ago. The new version is V.54.005.
How to update E72 for the new firmware V54 ?
The new firmware is available via OTA [over the air ] it is small as 1 MB .But the size of the update can be vary depends on the region (Language packs ,etc..)
To get this software just click on the Menu button, then > Settings > Phone > Phone Management > Device updates > Select Options > Check for updates and follow the on-screen instructions.
Changelog of E72 Firmware V.54.005 – April 2011
- Firstly it is a performance and stability update
- SIM Lock 3.0 and B2B Certificate, phase 1 added
- Startup settings baseline updated (wk47, 2010) (new dates etc.)
- User settings baseline updates
- After a hard reset or on first use, Camera shortcut is replaced with Ovi Store shortcut in the Home screen
- Removal of Ovi Files (since this service is now outdated)
- Vlingo application removed
As usual the E72’s firmware update is not immediately available to all regions ,you may have to wait for some time . If you have updated your Nokia E72 and have noticed some interesting changes ,please let us know !
Source : Allaboutsymbian.com ,Nokia Discussions
Stay Tuned : For further news updates relevant to this story and other phone stuff you may follow us on Twitter or do Like our Facebook Fan page and just Subscribe to our Free Email News letters – Make sure you don’t miss it !