Hi guys ,this is the part two of my Samsung Galaxy S2 experience for the past few weeks. If you want to find out the best of Samsung Galaxy S2 just red my previous post titled – Samsung Galaxy S II Vs Nokia N series . You will have all the things I like about this sexy Samsung Galaxy there .but this post is about the other side of the Samsung Galaxy S2.
What I don’t like about Samsung Galaxy S2 – Samsung Galaxy SII – Cons
I put my Nokia N97 aside and hold the Samsung Galaxy all the time ,as it becomes my primary device to communicate.
After revealing the goodness of the device last week ,here are some facts to consider:
- This phone is hot ! – true ,but it generates some heat too: Samsung Galaxy S2 gets heat very fast – when you use internet ,and GPS services heavily ,the device gets extreme heat. I am unable to keep the phone on my ear due to the hot nature of the ear piece .
- Gorilla Glass ?- There are so many Youtube videos to be amazed about the Power of unbreakable and unsearchable Gorilla glass – But my Samsung Galaxy S2 simply got scratches by my office keys !
- The swiping screen lock ,that opens the phone is waste of time ,as there is a hardware unlock key already. If anyone can tell how to get rid the Samsungs UI customization of Samsung S2 I would be grateful.
- Battery Life – Battery life is about Max 14 Hrs(on a moderate use) and Minimum 10 Hrs on a heavy use after a overnight full charge . Even though I got warnings about low battery levels ,the phone never got switch off unexpectedly .
- Speed – Initially it was speedy ,but later I have installed about 20 over apps setup widgets on every home screens (it has 7)phone became slow.
- I get annoyed whenever I wanted to exit from the apps and move to the another screen ,as it .took lot of time .
- Using contacts in this Android version is very complicated. If I want to dial my friend’s number I have to go through several steps ,Symbian is a great platform in terms of simple tasks . Call logs and managing contacts are very big pain here .
No Office app or even a note pad – It is difficult to takes notes as there is no any notes applications out of the box.
- Samsung Kies – The syncing application called Samsung Kies is not good as Nokia OVI Suite .
- No hardware key for camera – It really sucks ,If I want to use camera I have to go through the software menu ,no hot hardware key to start the cam and take shots ,Lame !
Overall ,the annoying factors are not key factors ,if you want to see the positive side of this phone just go to to my previous article