I was so excited to trial a Nokia N86 8MP after I saw the Snow Time Lapse Video on Jay Montano’s blog together with the N95′s work in catching the ice while it melts. So, I am thankful that WOM World loves me and they given me a chance to trial the Nokia N86 8MP.
With the help of Nokia N86 8MP, I was able to capture the sunrise with the sequence shots of N86′s camera feature and turn it in to 100 Seconds Sunrise. The video was composed of 100 shots and compiled into 1 video.
Aside from the sequence shots that featured on N86, I should also be thankful to the Wide-Angle optics that was on N86 (Carl Zeiss is brilliant!) that helps me to easily adjust in the scene. And some of the images where not perfect or similar because the wind keeps blowing my N86 while it was on top of the post where I put it on. Sorry for the amateurish skills I have =P.
The lists you will need in catching the flaring sunrise or whatever events you will shoot:
- Patience: You will need this coz u will spend hours of waiting.
- Plans: You should plan the time, place and stuffs to bring in your trip or list down all the things that you will be using in the photo shoot.
- Nokia Phones (or Others): Few of the Nokia phones like N86 8MP and N85 got the sequence mode featured on the camera application, other phones don’t have this.
- Food: Bring snacks or basket of meals if you will shoot outdoors.
- Improvised Tripod: This is the hard part, if you can’t get any bars or spot to place the phone then it’s your cub scout skills will remedy on this one.
- Compass and Map: If you don’t have the Image Space Application installed on your phone then it’s time for you to grab one at Betalabs. It is not a problem at all if you already have the old and chunky compass you found on your grandpa’s treasure chest. And don’t forget to sketch you ways before gliding and climbing hills and the alternative is the Nokia Ovi Maps.
- Weather Updates: Prepare for the best and worst situations, so stay tune for TV news and updates about the latest weather events. And HEY!, the AccuWeather from Ovi Store will help you if you have an N97 and if not then go find yourself a weather app only at Ovi Store.
- Extra Batteries and Charger: If you will be spending days or dozens of hours on shooting the scenes then it is time for you to bring extra back up batteries. On my N86 8MP, the 2 hours shoot with 1 minute interval was not a problem in the battery life.
That’s all I remembered and I will be glad if you could point some of important guidelines and requirements for a better shootout, dont forget to leave them below as a comment. Thank you!=D