Name: Jade Bryan, aka "jade"
Web Site: http://www.twitter.com/ovijade
Bio: A college student . Mobile Freak. Nature lover. from Phillipines. Playing a key role in symbiandreams . Dream is working for Nokia
Posts by jade:
- Adjust the main display screen (Black/Nano-OLED screen) and the transparent nano-screen (Both screens have limitations for screen sizes).
- Nano-Oled screen serves as the display, sensors, reflect-camera (capture the photons that enter the sceen then it can serve as your front camera), ability to produce sounds through accurate frequencies by sensing the users’ surroundings.
- Transparent screen was discovered and lately used to work with nano-oled screen. tranparent screen can serve as your display and customization hub for your OS.
- Special keys – due to the special functions of transparent screen you can actually make your own keys for your phone or use the space to maximize the main display.
- Nano-optical lens can is a kind of lens where it adjust it self for space. If you can see the nearest ring on the body of the phone that is where the Nano-Optical lens are hidden when no optical zoom are needed. Remember it’s a Nano technology so you can understand how the lens and the camera fitted in the phone.
- Zero Camera (zero HD) – is a camera where no basis of resolution or counts of pixels anymore. It’s 2020 and almost all digital files are very advance, but with simpliest ways of using it. You can just adjust the picture without losing details and wirelessly transfer it to any digital devices then you can just adjust again.
- Black LED – you can choose whatever color of lights you want to produce with nova led and it’s also the great grandchild of Xenon and LED couples.
- Also check my submitted names below as they are:
- Aikon for the reverse of Nokia
- IVO for the reverse for OVI
- Conno for Concept + Nokia
- Kantaa for Finnish of word bear
- Kasivo for Ovi + Kasite which means door for ovi and concept for kasite
- Nokia Nata – Nata (näätä) for the Finnish of the animal marten that locally known as nokia and also named the river as Nokianvirta.
- 5MP Camera, LED flash, Autofocus, Panorama, front camera, VGA@15fps video recording
- ARM11 600Mhz CPU
- 128MB RAM, 256MB phone, microSD up to 16GB
- OS: Symbian S60v3.2
- 3.5mm audio jack, microUSB
- 2.36” screen, 320×240 pixels
- QWERTY keyboard, Optical trackpad, Accelerometer, A-GPS
- 1500mAh battery
- Improve the track pad by size and performance even if the multiple scrolling is awesome (in gallery and web page scrolling only).
- Camera key is a must (for me. for you?)
- Some touch will be needed especially a larger screen size (forget the compact and slim style important is you can do it by sacrificing small things on the phone)
- Did you forget to put another stereo speaker?
- Symbian^3 are almost finished so don’t forget that stuff!
- Pre-load your business phone with free apps (yeah, I’m poor, but the world traveler app is meant for free not to be paid with an enterprise phone)
- I’m not sure wether the ‘Stop Recording’ command for voice functions is not working because of my accent, but for sure it is not working on the E72 that I have now (just correct me if you made your voice func work on this).
- Whilst I’m on the camera I get blinking of black screen to live screen when I set the camera settings in over and lesser exposure. Not sure if it’s the optical track pad to be blame (turning off the optical track pad may solve it)
- More RAM? Hmm. Yes, more ram please. 128MB is enough, but I would be happy to see a bigger RAM for the successor.
- Guys if you want a successor for its predecessor, just don’t copy 90% of the looks of the predecessor. E71 is like an E72 or what ever. Hope you take note on this one.
- Download top free apps on Nokia E72
- Nokia E72 vs N97 Mini vs N97 Classic vs Sony Cyber-Shot Camera test
- N97, N97 Mini and E72 Gallery
- Nokia E72 Unboxing
- Nokia E72 first impressions
- Nokia E72 Panorama
- Make it easier to browse, search and discover content
- Improve the quality of content reviews (eg: change from 3 to 5 star rating system)
- Provide more product information to help you decide what to buy
- Nokia Here and Now - get those latest updates such as weather, events, movies, & restaurants based on your current location.
- Nokia Photo Browser – browse your photos with stunning cool effects.
- Image Space Capture – either view your friend’s photos or share your own photos in the Image Space.
- Diagnostics - diagnose and troubleshoot situations on your phone with these tests: Network Coverage, Internet Connectivity, Battery Charger Test, Loudspeaker, & Earpiece.
- Custom Dictionary – manage your phone’s default dictionary.
- Opera Mobile/Opera Mini – enhance you mobile web browsing experience by the OperaMobile and OperaMini. You can download it directly to your phone by visiting m.opera.com or through Ovi Store. I recommend the opera mobile for E72 users.
- Skyfire – get those pc web browsing experience with Skyfire Mobile Browser.
- Qik – Qik lets you share your everyday life experiences as it happens with your family and friends — right from your mobile phone. Both on Qik and Bambuser can have a live chat while you stream videos. Qik has better UI compare to Bambuser.
- Bambuser – Stream video live from your mobile phone to web. What I like about bambuser is that you have more live videos to watch compare to qik, but that is just my experience.
- Nimbuzz – free calls, chats, messaging and more. You can integrate all your social networks accounts and your personal contacts here just like Skype, MSN/Windows Live Messenger, yahoo, facebook, and more! It has now a twitter support so you can just stay on one place to tuned in for your social activities.
- Gravity (10days free) – one of the best twitter client for you Symbian phone and now it supports foursquare.
- TweetS60 – another twitter client and it is totally free. Get a fast access to your twitter accounts by tweets60.
- Fring – get your free calls, chats, & more. Supported networks are SKP, MSN, Yahoo!, Google Talk, ICQ, AIM, SIP, Facebook, Twitter, & Last.fm.
- Facebook for E72/E71 – facebook app for your E72/E71 with a limited functions to comments, photos, status updates, & messages.
- Waze – enable foursquare through this waze app. Just go directly to m.waze.com to download it.
- Skype – the skype for mobile is here and it is totally free. Make calls, IM, send files and more!
- YouTube – browse videos directly on your E72 and the latest updates is you can sign in your account and check you subscriptions and other youtube features.
- ScreenSnap – snap your phone’s screen with this app.
- GreenCharging Save Eergy – get a notifications when your phone is ready and full charged.
- * N97 * N97 Mini * E72 * Cyber-Shot DSC-V1
- Tweaked the settings for first scene (Macro, Cloudy, Vivid)
- Automatic for the 2nd and 3rd scenes
- E72 (left) & N97 Mini (right)
- Optical NaviWheel on E72 is not the best way to use for taking images
- On E72, sometimes full exposure of the camera settings + messy optical navi wheel will result to a black screen to live screen blinking during camera mode
- For E72 during Close-Up mode it is hard to correctly focus the object and will always give you an anti-centered-focus shot
- Next flagship should have an enhanced DLED just like on N86 8MP and much better if we get both Xenon and LEDs
- Eseries is eseries, but they deserve some 30fps video recording and not a choppy one
- If you can’t put a better navi wheel then put a dedicated camera key
- Focus feature is badly needed on video recording now a days and everyone deserves to have it
- They are not your camera phone flagship/s, but they deserve some decent camera spec naming. Mpix is cool for some, but does it sound like your instant camera? How about some Carl Zeiss, too? I know that it will eat some space, but they just deserve have it.
- N97s deserve to have a successor that will have a better camera features
- Belated Happy 120th Birthday to Carl Zeiss wishing you all the best
- Profile Bot assists in switching profile for meetings
- Alarm Bot helps in setting a wake-up alarm and night profile
- Shortcut Bot provides quick access to most frequently used apps
- Battery Bot notifies of upcoming power issues
- 4″ Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen
- 1GHz processor
- Android 2.1 (Eclair)
- 5MP Camera, with 720p video recording, smile and face recog , geotagging – No flash/video light
- 8GB/16GB internal storage + microSD up to 32GB
- Wi-Fi, 3G 7.2Mbs Dload/5.6Mbs Uload
- Digital compass, A-GPS
- 1500 mAh battery
- microUSB, 3.5mm audio jack – No TV-out
Over at SE-first.com, Rog posted some Xperia X10 camera samples on a 16:9 ratio or the widescreen, but the MP was lowered to 6MP. Overall the images were really crisp and more on real life colors. You can see that there three different kinds of flowers with different colors the yellow, blue and red, and X10 camera was an excellent on these results.
Philippines is composed of 7, 107 islands and each is surrounded of different bodies of water. In this vast number of islands, fishing is just a great adventure that awaits everyone when they stepped on the Pearl of the Orient Seas.
On this Ovi Maps story I will share on how I use Ovi Maps in my Nokia N97 Mini whilst I go fishing. From preparing stuff to trekking and to finding the best fishing spot on our city.
Mini with Ovi Maps
Preparing stuff is hefty as traveling so I bring my Nokia N97 Mini loaded of apps and of course the latest Ovi Maps. And finally one pair of stuff is excluded and that is the maps and compass.
Fishing only takes hours so snacks is much needed during this trip, and of course the most important stuff to bring is the fishing rod and gears with baits. Other stuff was also packed on a one bag.
Next is getting a perfect day during fishing. With Ovi Maps weather I can check the weather for the week and pick the best day for sunny with a little clouds. In case of rainy days I can just cancel my trip days before it. Ovi Maps is already bundled with goodies before my trip. A perfect stuff to load!
The next preparation is locating the best places that I could fish like the lakes, sea shores, rivers and more. This task was made easy because of the search feature of Ovi Maps. I used the searched feature of Ovi Maps and it showed the result from nearest places to farthest.
If the places is not saved on the maps I can just find it on the map and then save it.
Trekking with Ovi Maps
After locating the fishing spot next is going there. Navigating through different odds are not hard so I forgot those zigzagging tunnels ’cause I’m sure the navigation will find the nearest route to reach my destinations. With walk or drive navigation plus with voice guided navigation were already packed with Ovi Maps.
From 3D view to live traffic updates features will make you on time and avoid getting lost, well, that’s the Ovi Maps getting you anywhere you want. Arrived on the place on time with no hassle after all and with Ovi Maps I can share my location to my facebook friends and that’s so much fun.
With Ovi Maps, fishing is just an easy task whilst enjoying and I recommend to all that Ovi Maps is just free and compatible with wide numbers of Nokia devices. Aside from fishing I also use Ovi Maps on checking the current events that are near at my place like movies on cinemas and more. So enjoy the Ovi goodness!
After two days of hardships of sketching and editing, I’m shyly presenting you my 2020 Nokia device, the Nokia Aika, an entry to WOMWorld/Nokia contest where a bunch of Joel Diamond’s Easter eggs, Nokia T-shirts, and a single Ovi Bag (that everyone were dying of) with stuff to be given away.
I named it Nokia Aika because of the Finnish of time is aika and all of you already know what time is. So let’s see the Nokia Aika and know its specs.
DISCLAIMER: This is just a concept phone with concept specs so all specs may not be real when 2020 comes, but some might be discovered because of my concept. Also these pictures are all newbie-edited on PhotoShop so I will not guarantee that I’ll give you the full pleasure that your eyes wants. Sorry!
Adjustable display for the main screen and the transparent body with special keys customizations.
Examples of transparent screen cuztomizations
Examples of transparent screen cuztomizations
Example of Screen Display Adjusting
Screen at Full display with customised keys
The two speakers, no ports(it’s 2020 so almost are wireless), customizable media keys, and the camera with a Nano-optical lens
Black LED and Zero Camera
There’s a BH-905 to be given away for the person who suggested the Nokia concept device name with the most number of vote. Everybody can submit their concept names and after the deadline of submission of names the people will vote (you, me, them, all) for their favorite names and the name with the most vote will get the prize of BH-905.
That’s not all! If your suggested name was chosen by people it will be also use to name the next concept device of Nokia which they started to create in their community site few weeks ago. The concept device of Nokia will be made by the community through voting and suggesting the features that are laid on their Design by Community.
So start suggesting your names and have the chance to own this accessory, the BH-905! To suggest names just click here. Don’t forget to put the reasons behind why you suggested your names and if possible you could narrow down your entries to 5 or less so that you could pick the most unique and cool names you got!
Here’s anothe vivazzing video for you guys as Emil Nava a music video producer plays with HD, I mean with Vivaz whilst capturing some scenes in HD. So let’s start the vivazzing HD video. Don’t forget to watch it in 720p.
Rhymie title? Well, this is another Vivaz Video shot by a skier he jumps over those icy and slopy fields. Super cool and cold shot. Take not that Vivaz can record a HD resolution so don’t miss the chance to view it in 720p.
Enjoy the icy HD!
After 2 weeks of using the E72 as my main phone, (I even forget that I have a N97 Mini) the right time has come to give the final verdict. As the successor of the famous Nokia E71, E72 received many criticisms from bloggers and users so maybe it is also the time to prove some blogger’s accusations and to deny the rest of the statements that thoroughly wrong.
Know the basic specs…
Derived from E71, but is it worth to upgrade?
Is the upgrade a suicide? Nokia E72 obviously derived from the legend E71. There are some face lifts for the looks, but obviously both phones are look-a-like.
How about their performances and features? Are they both similar on this? Or did E72 live up the expectations?
Well, stating the answers to these questions doesn’t mean I will end up my review on E72 right in this paragraph. Yes, E72 lives up the expectations and deserve to be called the successor of E71. I don’t want to lay down more reasons on this because on the following statements you will know all reasons for this.
+Enhanced multimedia experience to maximum level
Although Symbian Series 60 needs some refreshments in terms of UI and functions, there are still some areas that the UI for S60v3 is advance. In fact, I still find this music and gallery bit winner in terms of organizing your contents. I know that non-touch phones such as the E72 is quite boring sometimes compare to touch phones such as 5800XM, but I still consider the physical keys on the phone as a useful weapons for bringing the fun and excitement on this area.
For the media files, the E72 responds so fast in opening gallery and playing videos. I was really amaze by the speed that E72 can give whilst spelunking on my multimedia files.But for me the screen size and the single stereo speaker are still whatnot and I wish that next successor would be able to provide us larger screen size and better stereo speakers.
Pre-loaded apps on Nokia E72 are quite okay if you don’t need those games and other apps. But thanks to Ovi Store because I saw many lots of free apps and also on Nokia Beta Labs. All are very useful for E72.
No more space for my +E so I will add the voice and command functions here. Right side of E72 are the 3 keys, the volume rocker for up/down and the voice key. Press the voice key then a voice command will prompt and exactly you can open or start some basic applications that are enabled.
Lastly the voice functions that are so cool. You can make a call, create an audio message to a specific contact with just voice commands. Plus other functions are you read messages & read emails.
+Embrace the speed of your phone!
With the 600Mhz processor anything you do on your E72 is always with ease. Even though the E72 lacks some dedicated GPU it is still tolerable because we all know that E72 is more on business/enterprise solutions. The most important thing that I will miss on E72 is its speed. On my previous phones I always complain the slow response of the phone, but not here on E72 anymore.
+Expert in multitasking
Do more with your E72 and that is its motto in terms of multitasking. Crunched in this compact phone is the 128MB ram that are enough for everybody. See my video below on how I tested the multitasking of E72.
+Efficient messaging weapon & battery life
This how E72 became an efficient and productive smart phone. In terms of messaging, the phone is really a savior. Emails and instant messaging are always ready when I need it. I can have multiple email accounts right in E72′s home screen. The maximum display of email tabs on your home screen are two, aside from that you can also have other shortcut icons and notifications.
Managing your other mailboxes is also an easy task because of fast and easy way of creating & setting up your email accounts.
Another worthy features of E72 is the instant messaging or the so-called chatting. Setup your yahoo, google, msn, & ovi accounts right in the home screen and that is another smart feature to be consider.
The E72 is packed with a 1500mAh battery and this phone is really meant for people who do not want to bring their charger or an extra battery. I can keep the phone alive for almost four days with texting, emails, snapping pictures, and some web browsing a day.
+Exquisite design and form factor
Sleek and compact that is E72. Bundled with beauty and cleverness, both fields are really the E72′s expertise. Right from my first use of the phone it was really a comfy device whilst it is in my hands. When off in my hands I don’t know, but I am always staring the E72 Dpad & QWERTY, and especially its metal back cover that is embossed of curvy lines. It is very appealing to anyone.
Whilst in public, people can’t take their eyes on E72 easily. They seem to see some ingenuity on the phone. Compare to Black Berries (?) that are enormous in size you will get your business solutions in more compact phone.
Well, E71 and E72 are just the smart phone that you will like if your consider buying a slim and light phone yet comfortable in your hands.
+Etched to near perfection keys
This another killer feature of the E72, its keyboard and front keys. Let’s start on the optical track pad that was integrated to the dpad of the phone plus you will have the four basic keys of an Eseries; they are the home, calendar, message, & contact keys.
For those who are new to E72 or never been experienced the E71 or some Eseries phone, I will teach you how to know the basic moves for your Tap-for-Time, multiple scrolling using your optical trackpad, and the flashlight.
Back to the QWERTY so now it’s totally a hands down to the QWERTY keyboard! I love the keyboard and it is really for everybody. The curvaceous keys are so comfy and you can feel the feedback on it. Even you have some big fingers I’m sure you will be able to use the keys properly because it was designed as very robust and comfy. You don’t need to worry the spacings because all keys are in curvy style so no cumbrous feelings for that.
+Excellent 5MP snapper
For having a 5MP and LED flash is not a killer spec for a cameraphone, but expect an excellent results with its camera performance. Business phone + camera phone is hard to achieve, but not on E72.
The downs here is the E72 lacks camera key and the video recording gives you a not-so-choppy @15fps. I even dropped the phone because it slide in my hands while I’m taking pictures so I think it will be still better to put a camera key even on its slim design (remember you have your volume and voice key at the side).
So check this video samples and pictures I’ve taken with E72.
-Embarked with small screen and that is a real deal!
What can you get with a smart phone that is slim and compact- QWERTY keyboard, Dpad, dedicated keys, great earpiece, 1500mAh battery, 5MP camera, and lastly all the things you need on a smart phone (except touchscreen)? Well, the answer is a 2.36″ screen size. I don’t know how important the screen size for you. I’m okay with this screen size, and with all those said features, but I think it will be better if we put some touch screen on the next successor. Or we can sacrifice those lovely keys and get this enlargement on the screen size.
-Empowerment? How about these…
So forget those 7 +Es – 2 –Es = 5 +Es, I want it personal. E72 is almost the perfect phone for me (also for some of my friends, they just love E72), but there are some features that needs to be change or upgrade. Or we may say it as a FEATURE that needs some enhancement. Specifically if the screen size was larger it would be a too-near-perfect smart phone. I know, I’m not the guy who knows everything about phones, but E72 is really a better phone compare to the other enterprise-oriented smart phone out there.
The speed is really a dream come true for those who always rants about their phone’s lagness. Also, for the people who thirst for multitasking I recommend an E72 for you.
Actually E72 is not just keen on the field for business solutions, I mean that this E72 is for everybody and not only for professionals. I read on other forums that teens now are hooking on this type of phone, especially on the E72. Maybe the reason on that is because the form factor and design of E72 is really an eye candy and lots of people grab that because they want some unique thing.
lastly, sorry if you feel that I gave a not-so-technical review on the E72 because I feel that E72 is really a topnotch phone in terms on that, but on technical aspect the phone is really a choice. 600Mhz processor will give you a smooth experience on E72. From opening apps to deleting the installed apps you will get smooth effect. Your work will be more efficient and always ready in this one tiny (compact) device.
So that’s all I can give on my E72 final verdict and I hope you will ponder this. Thanks to WOM for giving me chance to trial the device. It was a perfect phone for me. And obviously 2 weeks are not enough for me to discover all the phone features. Fortunately I think I already deliver the full extent on this review.
These are some of my highlights for Nokia E72
After hours of maintenance the Ovi Store was been revived to its new level. Level with many improvements from the previous version of Ovi Store. The official Nokia Ovi blog highlighted the main improvements of Ovi Store are the ff.
There is also some changes on desktop experience of Ovi Store. The UI is now much friendlier and it is easy to set your mobile device. Also the user interface of search result is now more decent and cleaner giving you a wide details of search queries.
On the coming months, another devices will be launched by Fido and these are the Nokia X3, Nokia 3710 fold, and Sony Ericsson Aspen together with other devices. I’m sure that this event will be another treat to those Fido fans and customers.
Talking of release dates, X3 will be launch on 18th of May together with 3710 whilst SE Aspen will be officially available on June 2010.
For those who are not familiar with SE Aspen it is one of latest member of Sony Ericsson GreenHeart™. Packed with QWERTY & running on WinMo 6.5.3. To make you Sony.Make.Believe here’s the video of Aspen.
Via Mobile Syrup
Check out this video whilst an Asian guy demo the latest Symbian^1 of Sony Ericsson, the Vivaz Pro, together with X10 and X10 Mini pro. Vivaz really has cool features and also don’t miss the guy whilst he plays on the HD video recording of Vivaz..
This is a video from CTIA 2010 and thank you so much InfoSyncWorld for sharing this video.
It’s confirmed, it’s final, and it’s really true that X10 has no multi-touch functions. Sir Rikkard Skogberg confirmed it and announced at official Sony Ericsson blog. This is one of his statement:
Regarding the discussion around dual/multi touch. I would definitely expect someone to tell me in that confirmation if it would be dual-touch. So expect it to be single touch only – sorry.Regarding the discussion around dual/multi touch. I would definitely expect someone to tell me in that confirmation if it would be dual-touch. So expect it to be single touch only – sorry. – by Rikkard Skogberg
Also he admits that it is hardware and software relation that X10 cannot have the support for multi-touch. But he also said that future updates might get some solutions on the said issue e.g. zooming.
Running the X10 in Android 1.6 and with future updates to upgrade it to Android 2.0, Android 2.1 or Android 2.2 or what so ever, it is still impossible to have a multi-touch functions because of the hardware relations. Sorry to all SE and Android fans, but another Android device was pawned by iPhone in terms of multi-touch capabilities. Anyways, Xperia X10 has a 4″ capacitative touch screen to make those Apple fans envy you.
She is sexy, beautiful, & hot…
The new ambassador of Sony Ericsson is a lady, a young and a famous Bollywood actress none other than Kareena Kapoor. She is one of the hottest Bollywood star and Sony Ericsson did a good job for choosing her as the new ambassador. The former ambassador was Hrithik Roshan, an actor from Bollywood.
Kareena unveiled the Xperia X10, X10 Mini, X10 Mini Pro, Vivaz & Vivaz Pro during the launch in India.
Here are the lists of my top free apps for your Nokia E72. You can download this top free apps from Ovi Store & Nokia Beta Labs or from the direct developer of the apps. Just click on the name of each app for direct link and downloads.
These apps are from Beta Labs of Nokia and these apps are proven to work on E72, but some are on beta and experimental stage. But most apps are already working fine on E72.
* I recommend to download all these applications.
*I will go for Opera Mobile for a cool web browsing features, but if you are using RSS you better stay with default mobile browser of your E72.
Live Video Streaming & Sharing
*Both application requires data connection so you have to connect through wi-fi or through your network data provider. If it is not free obviously you pay for your connection depending on what type of it. I recommend to download both apps.
Social Networks & Clients
The rumored N8-00 from Nokia has officialy narrowed its specifications and the XML from the official Nokia site named “NN8-00r100-3G” proves that the rumored 12MP monster will run in Symbian^3 platform and maybe this is the first Symbian^3 device to be launched this 2010.
More on the its specs are the nHD display or specifically a 360×640 pixels for 3.5″ screen size, but not yet confirmed if it will have a capacitive touch screen. Another specs that is not on the XML file was the 12MP camera that we all wishing for and the QWERTY keyboard, but the file says it will have a phone keypad. On communications, the phone will have a Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.0, and GPRS/EGPRS/EDGE/WCDMA/HSDPA enabled.
These are the only specs that are found on the web and confirmed by its sources. Anyways, let’s hope that more specs will be confirmed soon and hopefull an official announcement from the company.
Today we will cover a comparison about the cameras of three smart phones from Nokia. We have the N97 Classic, N97 Mini, & E72. With the three smart phones that I currently have now I just can’t stop myself comparing the three with their respective camera performances. Plus an important note is that this comparison/review is not as scientific & technical as other comparisons, I will just deliver this into the manner of a simple comparison (so forget those focal length, f-stops etc). And also we have special guest, the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-V1, to enlighten us on how much did the camera phones and smart phones achieved compare to the point-and-shoot cameras back at the old days (some sections of the review only).
Although three phones have 5MP, the E72 is not on the same section as the N97s are and it only has one LED flash. Eseries, just like E72 focuses more on the messaging and orientations in business functions and we all know Nseries are on top of the company line up for multimedia & mobile computing. But it is still better to have a comparison between the two flagship devices against a top-notch Eseries handset so we will know which devices will fit in your daily life as a good snapper whilst answering your smart phone needs. So my important point of this review is merely on E72 and its camera performance.
Note that most of the images taken with these cameraphones/smartphones are in automatic settings or in default mode because most people are using their camera phones without tweaking the settings. And if you would like some camera phones guide and tips for photography just check my N97 Tips & Guides in Mobile Photography.
Just click on the red highlighted words for full resolution of the images.
The settings are all automatic and the result for N97s were perfect because it really captured the object on close-up mode, whilst on E72 and Sony they got just a normal focus on the flowers. Well, this is the point where N97s outdo the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-V1.
One thing I want to add from my experienced with E72′s camera performance, E72 was very hard to use during in macro or close-up mode. The phone can’t give a nice focus even the settings are already tweaked and I hope the remedy for this will be on the next FW. We can’t expect that on an Eseries phone, but what is the use of the close-up mode when you can’t use it to capture small objects?
*N97 * N97 Mini * E72 * Sony
The scene here was sunny and a bright blue sky.Talking about the results, I was shocked when I saw the file size of E72 to be 2.98MB(pc) whilst the N97s only got 1.8MB, and Sony got 2.3MB. The clear shot that is near Sony’s performance was N97 Mini with a small difference to the Classic. Rendering for the light for Sony was brighter, but look at the sky, the N97s got it perfect for a blue one whilst the E72 gave a more sunny effect. Well, it depends on what you need.
This is an indoor shot, but the whole room was in bright lighting because I opened all windows. Shot of E72 used flash while the N97s didn’t bother to use their flashes. N97 Mini(no flash) almost got the same with Sony(no flash) whilst the E72(flash) image was more on real colors and also for N97(no flash).
*N97 * N97 Mini * E72 * Sony
Indoor with no lights/Flash Test
Well, here is another shocking twist for the E72 it got brighter flash effect on the image whilst the N97 Classic give a more yellowish effect on the scene. I think the Mini and E72 outdo the Classic here. In the file size review, the E72 again took a 1.98MB file size and both N97s got an average file size of 750KB. *Note that E72 has one LED flash/video light only.
Eseries & Nseries
What can you say about these last test? See full gallery at OviShare.
Video mode/LEDs on
Narrowing down the fight between Eseries & Nseries, each has its representative on their own series, but it is just fair to put the E72 in the camera test against these devices? Let’s see on my thoughts below.
For me these hightlights are important and I want them to share to everybody (this is a personal POV):
As a business-oriented phone, E72 has just some good taste on being a good snapper. It is a smart phone with a not-so-killer camera spec, but really performed well on this review and comparison. Proved to be not a mediocre and it’s always ready to match those 5MP shooter. It is just fair to compare E72 because it performs well and can outdo some points against other devices. You’re just lucky that I can’t afford those BlackBerry and Apple, and I can’t compare it with the E72.
The programmers and modders from Nokia Beta Labs released the first ever Nokia Bots for N97 & N97 Mini. Nokia bots is composed of add-ons and each of them has a bot that observe/senses and learn the user’s behaviors whilst using the phone, by observing and learning the bots then auto-configure the phone’s programs and functions by basing it on the behaviors that it learned from you.
There are currently four bots and these are:
There is a wide usage and settings of bots, you can either disable each bot or whole application. Indications of status bars for green that means the bot gathered enough observations and the auto-configurations are ready whilst the yellow bars indicate that the bot is still observing and will turn green until it gathered enough results.
Download the bot @ Beta Labs.
Nokia N900 Push MOD in the USA
Last March 23rd @ Nokia booth during CTIA the judging and announcing of winners for the PUSH MOD IN THE USA was held. There are top three modders and hackers that’ve been awarded with sweet and green prizes.
Congratulations to all winners!
Forever scared of cockroaches and can’t kill it? Or enjoying their nastiest organs messed up while you slap those grossy cockroaches with your slippers?
On the Roach Game South Africa you can surely enjoy the pleasure of killing those nasty little creatures. You can use your fingers to hit them whilst watching them in pain and squashed. You can download the game at the Ovi Store for free! So what are you waiting for? It’s time to be a cockroach hunter!
Samsung I9000 Galaxy S
The newest born Android 2.1 baby is the Samsung I9000 Galaxy S or we may call it as Eclair’s newest son. With a killer specs, some say that this must be the sweetest Android baby. Packing with 4″ Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen and whooping resolution of 480 x 800 pixels.
Another treat for the Android and HTC fans are the 1GHz processor, 5MP camera with 720p video recording, & dimensions of 122.4 x 64.2 x 9.9 mm, and one of the slimmest Android phone now. The only important smart phone spec that is missing is the physical QWERTY key board. The phone will be available in the second quarter of the year.
Specs of Samsung I9000 Galaxy S:
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 hits the stores
After decades months from the announcement, the Xperia X10 is now officially available on the market. With the price tag of $770 USD (35, 100 Rs) and you can buy it through online stores and on some retailers, but more stores will be able to offer you for the coming days.
But putting more into perspective, your Xperia X10 will only have an Android 1.6 (Donut) right in the box. Even though SE promised that the update for Android 2.1 for X10 will come, but we can’t just wait without any official dates on this.
Being a Nokia fan-boy I will not put any sh*ts on Sony Ericsson just because I love X10 and Vivaz, I just thought that Sony Ericsson already misses the right TIME for X10. They were late on launching the phone on the market and for me that were the big mistakes they’ve done. Although they have reasons on that like furnishing the OS on X10 and giving a better experience on their newest UXP. Comon’ SE! Lots of manufacturers already offer the same specs on your X10!
The Real Killer???
For me the real killer for Symbian is not on these two phone nor it exists. Although these sweet features from both phones are so tempting, but in my case these features are not the answers to my needs. Symbian already traveled far far away whilst Android, RIM, Apple & others are still catching up and trying to put big steps towards what Symbian achieved. We miss the great UIs/GUIs on Symbian and I think this 2010 it will be answered all by Symbian^3. Plus with the rumored Nokia N8-00 for sure waiting is not a boring hobby anymore.
This is the gallery of N97 Mini, N97, & E72 compared through the lens and it will be a gorgeous event to see these 3 QWERTY behemoths fight.
The two N97s are both in white color whilst the E72 is the black one. Both N97 mini and E72 have metal back cover whilst the N97 is on plain plastic white. Let’s see on which phone is the coolest and cutest.
Here is the gallery of N97 Classic, N97 Mini, & E72.